Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Come to Jesus

This afternoon I am cutting out of work early to get to the Beverly Hills offices of The Zanuck Company for a meeting with all the principals. Not Duvall, of course, all the behind-the-scenes principals. There was much juggling as to when this meeting would happen, primarily becuase the director wanted he and I to sit down and work stuff out before we went in. Well, we haven't and I don't think that's a bad thing. We've involved Dean and Co. in developing the script the whole time (two years this week) and I don't see why he should be left out of the process now. I have to come heavy as they say in the mob world, because I have a feeling I'm gonna get knocked around a little. Director not happy, likely will lash out. Seems like a nice guy, though. I've only met him twice. Both times were notes meetings. How can you judge a guy that way? Second time he ordered a burger and fries and soup and two Dr. Brown's diet creme sodas. Anyway, we'll see what course the script takes after today's meeting of the five families. On the unmitigated good side, Morgan Freeman was personally called by Richard Zanuck yesterday. Details unknown. Also, Chris Cooper's name is once again being flung around. I think they are in hot pursuit.

No comments: