Thursday, November 04, 2004

Four More Pages

I, like so many of my pinko commie friends, am recovering from the election results. That's all I'll say about it, other than I spent the better part of yesterday shopping, dicking around on the internet (no news sites), and driving around town in an attempt to salve my wounded soul. I even ended up back at the gym.

There, I found myself staring at one of those inspirational posters for the entire time I was on the cross-training contraption. It was Ghandi's quote, and it said "We must become the change we want to see." Now, I'm generally not all that much for the inspirational quote, but this one got to me. I haven't been to the gym in a while because of work. I haven't written much because of work. But ol' Ghandi has a point there. To put it in a professional context, nobody gonna finish my scripts except me.

So what then will I do? Well, I have been tinkering with a script for... oh... about three years now. It's 60 pages complete. I am going to look at it today. I mean buck up and get to it, you know? And I am going to kill myself to get it done by the new year. And as for Get Low, which by all rights should take top priority, this afternoon I will start circling it as a vulture would a dying prospector and see if I can't get back into the mood to work.

It's weird. I like writing. Writing is what I do well. And yet it's so freakin hard that I never really want to do it. Except I do. I don't know. I guess I'm a flip-flopper.

No comments: