Friday, November 12, 2004

Procrast Part Deux

This has been a quiet week in the life of yours truly, fringe-dweller of the Hollywood Good Life. I have returned to the rhythms of that rarest beast, the unemployed, underproductive writer. From 9am rise, to lunch with a friend across town, to 3pm coffeeshop run, to 6 o'clock gym stop... day in and day out the circle remains unbroken. Actually, I left my tennys at a friend's house, so the gym part is a fib. Also, smattered in there is actual work. The rest true.

I was offered a job this week, which I resoundingly passed on. More production work on some crapola cable thing. Money would be nice, but my hand was forced; this is the week Aaron (director) got back to me about how were going to do these notes of his. I'm both relieved and annoyed, since I'm trying very hard to work on something else - a spec, of course, so there's no money. (There's just no money. Ever. Whoever said "do what you love and the money will come" was a severly misguided individual. Probably an insane man in the park, or a tobbacco executive.) So Aaron and I are to meet next week at his apartment in my old neighborhood of West Hell.a., right around the corner from the last stand of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. Ah, the metaphoric possibilities.

As for actual news to report, a big meeting was had with CAA yesterday (I wasn't there), and the official next offers going out on Get Low are to three very big name actors, all of whom you've heard of and all of whom I'm afraid of mentioning here for fear that I might somehow leak some bit of undisclosed business to the world and queer the deal. As soon as the thing happens, you'll know about the thing. In regards to the pilot, Matt and I finished a rewrite and it's now out to a few bigshots who's names I don't remember because they're behind the scenes guys. But hopefull we'll be rich soon. As soon as possible. Please, seriously. Not even rich. Just enough for a steaming bowl of pho every once in a while. I'm hooked on that crazy Vietnamese noodle soup!

No comments: