Tuesday, July 25, 2006

That Long-Ago Movie I Made

A few of you who knew me way back when remember me yammering and bitching and complaining and pissing and moaning about how awful it was that someone had paid me five figures to buy a script I wrote and make it into a movie. (See, all you people who currently know me, I was always a kvetch.) Well, I was trolling around MySpace the other day and happened upon a "friend" who promises me that the film - in a newer, shorter, shinier version - will soon be hitting Amazon and Netflix. The significance of this is that the film never saw a release in the first place, and to this very moment I do not own a copy of it in any way, shape, or form. No VHS, no DVD, no digital stream on a website. Nuthin. I saw the thing twice, once at a screening of a rough cut (reeeal rough) and another in a festival that played in Santa Monica - which sounds fancier than it really was since I had to purchase my own ticket. Anyway, point is the thing was shelved and now there is the glimmer of hope that all of you will be able to not just judge me on the merits of my personality, emotional health, ethical moorings, or grooming habits, but finally, finally on my "artistic output." God help me. And hoorah for this, the possibly official release!

No word on either Netflix or Amazon as to a date, even though somewhere on the Myspace page it says Aug. 1, so I have my suspicions... Meantime, count down the minutes. I'll be warming up the new laptop in anticipation of podcasting the commentary track.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok ok so thats great news... but I am not going to hold my breath.. I see how it works out there and I am hoping someone is not jerking around again........... But If it is out, I will be 1st in line to see it........ Love you...Pam

Anonymous said...

i think no matter what parameters are employed regarding how one judges you, the verdict will always be the same---effn loser. i was in the wilds of northern jersey with 'da bears' of montclair (10 and under girls travel team) looking for some field that took me through hills and valleys and river vale road and that town with the little jog in the middle and the cannon or whatever in the circle of parkland where you bear right, etc., etc...i think you know of what i write...and, i said to myself, i says, 'jeeze, louise, it's deja vu all over again...i used to know someone who lived out this way'...couldn't remember who though...it'll come to me...i'm almost sure of it. one love.

Hand Trouble said...

I know where you speak of, I know what you speak of, and I just want to say gaddam it's good to get a blip from you, son.