Friday, May 13, 2005

TMI

I don't know what it is about being "self employed," but I seem to have way too much stuff to do; all these magazine articles to catch up on, all sorts of podcasts (mankind's greatest invention) to listen to, all sorts of news items to keep up with... and it suddenly seems too much. I guess if I was either 1) living in a mountain retreat, or 2) Busy with work, I wouldn't have the sheer time it takes to try and keep up, and I certainly wouldn't have time to complain about it on my bloggg. Maybe it's time to fill out that application at Borders.

Things progress with the screenplay. I sent the first third to my old writing partner Scott, all the way out in Atlanta. We'll see what he's got to say for me. Yesterday I spent at least five hours writing the same scene over and over, only to realize that it was crap, and that I had to go back and take another swing. It's the kind of thing that happens all the time, so I'm not mad. I guess that's the way it goes in writing (and life [resigned sigh])... you gotta plow through the seemingly important bullshit only to realize how wrongheaded and misguided you were, just so you can finally look at something the right way. Like deglazing a pan. Sorta. I don't know if that's an apposite analogy.

Open question to the four people who read this: in the spirit of file-sharing and freedom of information and all that good stuff, I was considering posting the first draft of my oft-delayed screenplay if and when I finish it. Lots of friends ask me to send them something to read and I never do. So I thought I might post the first draft, and some subsequent drafts just to sort of, I don't know... see what happens. I would copyright it, of course, thanks for asking, and I would, I dunno. Just. See where it goes. Anyone think this is a good / bad / legally actionable idea? Is there anyone out there?

Okay, for next time, I swear, I'm going to try and spruce up this thing, post a few pictures, a few more links, something. This is pretty dry, I know it. Also, next time, a full report on the Producers-taking-me-to-a-Dodger-game aftermath.

No comments: