Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Nothing's ever dead, only sleeping

New screenplay is going along well. I stopped blindly ploughing forward and looked back over what I had done and tried to think it all through. Man, it was thrilling. Nothing I like to do more than think; I'm not a doer, I'm a thinker. Isn't that what this blog proves, really?

The on-again-off-again pilot I wrote with my partner Matt ("Crime & Order: NY") has been once again resurrected from the grave and will get us a meeting some time next week with a company called A Band Apart. It proves what I'm coming to learn about show business, which I stated up there in the title line.

The other interesting/funny/slightly nerve-wracking thing is that after two plus years of a strictly business relationship with the producers of Get Low, suddenly they have invited me and my manager to a Dodger game. I will be going alone (as far as I know) since my manager will be out of town on business. And I am touched by the invitation to do something social, of course, but the Sicilian in me can't help but wonder if it isn't the perfect way to have me whacked. The sort of thing where they suggest I run up the concession stand and get a few bags of Cracker Jacks, and then while I'm waiting in line, some thick-necked goon asks me to follow him into a utility closet, where he then drapes a canvas bag over my head and beats me with a Louisville Slugger.

Or it could just be that they're being thoughtful and nice.

No comments: