Wednesday, November 09, 2005

VH1

A good day today, got back into Air Conditioned Jungle, the script/albatross-around-my-neck I've been trying to finish for about five years. It still sucks! But that's why God made rewrites.

I haven't looked at it since July, but after three days of reading through my notes, I've gotten a handle on where to begin with the next round of work. If there is a God he'll send me a sign - like I'll finish all the notes before Thanksgiving. The idea is to spend all of December doing two things: rewriting the script and going broke.

Yeah, here's the thing, kids. Dad's broke. It's getting real grim around here. Family members will each be getting an original sonnet in their stockings from yours truly because my sad ass won't be able to afford new sweaters for everyone.

UNLESS...

VH1, Video Hits One, decides to come through, to be the white knight I so desperately need. See, today, my writing partner and I pitched our show. We were hilarious and charming and personable and loose and on-message. And I think they might have thought so too. I think she (D girl) liked it. My partner's agent called pretty soon afterward and told us that she's going to recommend they buy the show. Repeat, she's going to recommend they buy the show. So, I don't know nothing about nothing... but it could very well turn out that I finally move some product around here. Let's hope it's in the next little while. I got my eye on the most darling matching Rudolph sweaters for everyone.

No comments: