Thursday, February 17, 2005

a little something for the effort

The show that I worked on last summer is finally going to be given its day in court. You may or may not recall it was named Carmageddon, then for undisclosed reasons renamed Carpocalypse, and basically consisted of rednecks driving into each other on a Florida speedway for 42 minutes. Ten weeks I worked on that show - on one single episode - and then Spike pulled the plug. Put another team of producers on. I've no idea how it turned out. But I'll get a chance to find out! It has apparently been finished and will get its short flicker of life beginning next Saturday night.

Curiously, Spike TV is promoting it here... but nowhere else that I can find (no bus ads, no billboards and certainly no tv spots), which can only mean the poor show is being unceremoniously dumped and will most certainly have an anonymous and ignominious death. But, what are you gonna do? That's TV. At least I got paid. I may have even gotten a credit! Of course, it will be buried under the the dozens of other triage doctors who swooped in to try and save the friggin thing.

No comments: